Monday 29 August 2016

First impressions about Bilbao

Day three in Bilbao. I arrived on Saturday and everything went well and surprisingly I wasn't even scared of flying as I normally am. So far everything has gone well and I really like Bilbao. I have seen for example the Guggenheim museum from outside, my university and the old town. The city is beautiful and there isn't too much people (for a Finn). Also the weather has been nice, +23-26 every day, a bit of a rain but that doesn't bother me.


Some observations so far:

  • People wear shoes indoors
  • People use sponge to wash the plates (I couldn't even find a dish brush from a supermarket)
  • I'm surprised that there's a drying cabinet for plates in my flat (a Finnish invention that!)
  • Shampoo bottles are much bigger than in Finland
  • Mountains everywhere!
Now it's time to figure out which would be the best deal for a phone. Adios!


Suomeksi: Kolmas päivä Bilbaossa. Saavuin lauantaina ja mikä yllättävää, en ollut edes peloissani lentämisestä niin kuin yleensä. Tähän mennessä kaikki on mennyt hyvin ja pidän todella Bilbaosta. Olen nähnyt esimerkiksi Guggenheim-museon ulkopuolelta, yliopistoni ja vanhaa kaupunkia. Kaupunki on kaunis eikä täällä ole liikaa ihmisiä suomalaiselle. Sää on myös ollut mukava, joka päivä +23-26 astetta, myös vähän sadetta mutta se ei minua haittaa.

Joitain havaintoja tähän mennessä:
  • Ihmiset käyttävät kenkiä sisällä
  • Ihmiset käyttävät sientä astioiden pesuun (en löytänyt tiskiharjaa edes supermarketista)
  • Olen yllättynyt että asunnossani on kuivauskaappi (suomalainen keksintö!)
  • Shampoopullot ovat paljon isompia kuin Suomessa
  • Kaikkialla on vuoria!
Nyt on aika saada selville mikä olisi paras sopimus puhelimelle. Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment